15g (1/2 oz) fresh Basil
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and ground with large crystal salt
175 ml (6 fl oz) olive oil
15g (1/2 oz) Parmesan and pecorino cheese grated in mixed together
15g (1/2 oz) pine kernels
To complete the dish
10 oz Trenette
125g (4 oz) potatoes cubed and boiled
50g (2 oz) green beans cooked
Pecorino or Parmesan
- Either with a pestle and mortar or in a food processor chop the basil leaves
- Add the garlic, half the pine kernels and cheese. Blend
- Add the olive oil in a thin stream.
Pesto sauce can be used for the following recipe and also to add to soups to add flavour.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- When cooked drain saving some of the cooking water. Add the pesto sauce, potatoes, beans and a little cooking water if required.
Serve with extra Parmesan or Pecorino cheese