|3 slices pancetta|
|1 small onion (optional)|
|a little white wine|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|3 oz (75 g) Parmesan cheese|
|Salt and Pepper|
|1 lb 2 oz (500 g) spaghetti|
- Chop the pancetta or guanciale into small cubes. Chop the onion.
- Add some olive oil to a hot pan and gently fry the onion and pancetta or guanciale.
- Meanwhile break the eggs into a bowl and add the crushed garlic, seasoning, cheese and parsley.
- When the pancetta and onion are cooked turn up the heat and add some white wine, allow to evaporate.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the pack.
- When cooked, turn off the heat, drain the pasta quickly, return to the pan and add the egg mixture, followed by the pancetta. Stir, the heat from the pan and the pasta should begin to cook the egg. If it needs a little more cooking, put on a very low heat and stir all the time. You don’t want scrambled egg!
Serve with extra Parmigiano or pecorino cheese