Carciofi alla romana
|4 large artichokes||4 grandi carciofi|
|1 lemon||un limone|
|olive oil||olio d’oliva|
|mentuccia (wild mint if possible)||mentuccia|
|salt and pepper||sale, pepe|
- Clean the artichokes well, removing all the tough parts of the petals, cut the stem 4 cm from the head. Cut off the top part of the petals.
- Open the artichoke, remove the ‘choke’ carefully and stuff with the parsley, finely chopped garlic and a little chopped mentuccia. Moisten with a little oil.
- Place them in a deep sided pan, upside down so that they are touching. Add salt, cover with water and a few spoons of olive oil
- Cook in the oven at 160° C for about 1 hour. They may also be cooked on the hob.
- They are ready when all the water has evaporated.