2 lb 3oz Mussels (1 kg) Cozze
2 tblsps. finely chopped parsley Prezzemolo
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs Pane gratuggiato
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped Aglio
Salt and Pepper Sale e pepe
3 tblsps grated Parmisan cheese Parmeggiano Reggiano
2 tblsps oil Olio d’olive
- Clean the mussels carefully. Throw away any that are open and do not close immediately they are tapped.
- Cook in a large pan with a little oil and wine with the lid on. Remove the mussels as they open.
- Throw away any mussels that have not opened after 10 mins.
- Remove empty part of each shell.
- Place the full mussel halves in a large, shallow ovenproof dish, so that each shell touches the other.
- Mix the parsley, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt and pepper, cheese and oil together.
- Put a little of the mixture on each mussel and press down slightly.
- Bake in a moderate oven until golden brown.